Most kids relate the word “healthy” to “boring” and “distasteful” when it comes to food. It’s probably due to the emerging health craze caused by the growing concern on obesity. The truth is, although they’re said to be healthy, protein shakes don’t really taste that good.
The following are a few recipes for healthy and delicious treats for kids:
1. Yogurt with nuts and dried fruit
- Make use of Greek-style yogurt for its probiotics, protein and good fat content. As for ordinary yogurt, you may add a few spoons of syrup or honey to eliminate that sour taste. Just add raisins or any dried fruits that have retained some of its sweetness, walnuts and even crushed almonds. Serve chilled.
2. Honey custard
- A simple custard with a thin spread of honey on top is not only easy to make but is also filled with fat soluble vitamins that are good for our health.
3. Caprese salad
- Usually composed of freshly sliced buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes and basil with a light seasoning of olive oil and salt. Packed with a rich flavor along with antioxidants and vitamin E, this salad is loved by kids and adults alike.
4. Sweet potato chips
- With a nice natural sweet and salty taste, these root crops are filled with cancer fighting beta carotenes. In preparing this, you’ll need a dehydrator. Make sure to cut the sweet potatoes as thin as you can. Add a little seasoning and a teaspoon of olive oil. Allow the thin chips to dry at 105 degrees until they’re crisp.
5. Strawberry milkshake
- Milkshake?! Yes, that’s right. With vitamin C and important nutrients, the strawberry is a very good treat for kids. Just make sure to mix it up with whole raw milk and a tablespoon of raw honey. Blend all these ingredients until you get the right consistency.
Most of these recipes may be accessed online. Thanks to the internet anything can be done easily, from PharmD applications to these easy and fun treats for kids. Go online and look for a healthy treat for your kid today!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.